Thursday, March 3, 2011

A beautiful Mind

I don't know how could I have missed this film.
"A beautiful mind" it's a beautiful, beautiful movie. In case somebody hasn't seen it yet, it's time then to rush and try to see it right away. Jennifer Connelly is so amazingly gorgeous, there's not point missing all the joy she can bring to our heart, to our eyes.

But no more talk from my part and let's them talk (the two principal characters in the movie). It's the best way to document what I'm try to say (you figure it out which is which):

- You don't talk much, do you?
-  I can't talk about my work Alicia.
- I don't mean work.
- I find that polishing my interactions in order to make them sociable requires a tremendous effort. I have a tendency to expedite information flow by being direct. I often don't get a pleasant result.
- Try me!
- All right! I find you attractive. Your aggressive moves towards me indicate that you feel the same way. But still, ritual requires that we continue with a number of platonic activities before we have sex. I'm proceeding with those activities but in point of actual fact all I really want to do is have intercourse with you as soon as possible. Are you going to slap me now?

                                                               ___________________


- Alicia, does our relationship warrant long-term commitment? 'Cause I need proof, some kind of verifiable , empirical data...
(Laughs)
- I'm sorry just give me a moment... to redefine my girlish notions of romance... A proof? Verifiable data? Um, Ok.... Well, how big is the universe?
- Infinite.
- How do you know?
- I know because all the data indicate it.
- But it hasn't been proven yet, no?
- No.
- You haven't seen it. How do you know for sure?
- I don't, I just believe it.
-Mm-mm! It's the same with love, I guess!

(Helped by the captions provided by the DVD... You know -my laziness, but I adapted them for the purpose of sharing them with you).

4 comments:

OddBu said...

Me gusta mucho esa película :) Es una pasada...

Fernando said...

Nos gusta mucho, eso es verdad. El tiempo se pasa volando. Me he quedado pensando también en el poder que tiene el cerebro para crear cosas con un realismo tal que la persona es incapaz de distinguir lo real de lo ficticio.

Carol, Lur, o llámame algo bonito xD said...

Muy buena sí señor!, te hace entender un poco qué puede ser vivir una "esquizofrenia" desde dentro. (Entre otras cosas). En la asignatura de "sociogénesis de la psicología científica" hicimos un trabajo "destripándola" un poco y fue muy interesante.

¿Recordáis el "conmovedor" discurso de Nash ante los Nobel?, pues hasta tal punto puede llegar a ser convincente una película y “crear realidad” para el gran público, que en la página de la universidad de Princeton han elaborado un listado de preguntas más frecuentes (FAQ) , en las que aparece la explicación explícita de que tal discurso ¡¡no existe!! –los premios Nobel no realizan discursos de agradecimiento al estilo de los Oscar-, ante la avalancha de peticiones para obtenerlo.

¿Qué os parece?

La banda sonora es una pasada, me acuerdo ahora mismo de ella.

Fernando said...

Me emociona coincidir contigo en esto de los gustos y esta película en particular. Eso que dices es especialmente revelador y me ha dejado un poco turbado tal como le respondía a Pichiplayas. Ponerse en los zapatos de alguien con una enfermedad mental es todo una proeza y esta película logra que uno viva vicariamente la experiencia, sí señor.
Y de la música pude encontrar el fragmento que sale al inicio de la película y que es alucinante (la historia de esta mujer Hildegard von Bingen, la autora del fragmento es tambíén apasionante):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdVcKfAZJMU&feature

Powered By Blogger